- To reach the expansion of vaccine eligibility, Salesforce plans to deliver free updates to the Vaccine Cloud customers, with powerful scheduling technology.
- 30 million vaccines have been delivered using the Salesforce platform, facilitating organizations around the world.
- The world’s largest vaccination campaign is well underway, and as the rollout has proven the older paper registration systems are no match for the scale and speed required for this challenging effort task.
Public health authorities and healthcare providers control the fast-paced growth in vaccine eligibility for residents, as existing scheduling, registration and communications systems are becoming stressed. With the President’s goal to widen U.S. vaccine eligibility to all adults by April 19, it is more crucial than ever for organizations of all kinds to have a platform that can manage the rise in numbers of registered candidates.
Salesforce announced a free upgrade to Vaccine Cloud customers to help meet this deadline with ready-to-use scheduling options. The new Vaccine Cloud enhancements include more reliable ways for people to schedule vaccination appointments.
The Goal: Speed and Ease of Access
Making scheduling appointments faster, while assisting organizations in handling the increasing scale with better experience, residents will find it easier to hold their place in line and be notified when their vaccination appointment is ready. It also works well in tandem with any other scheduling system in use.
Here is how it works:
Residents will be able to register prior to receiving a vaccine via website, which will handle millions of visitors per day. This helps eliminate the need to constantly refresh the page to see new appointments or having to wait for hours on the phone and helps ensure residents will not encounter broken webpages or lockouts.
- Once approved, residents are informed to schedule their appointment via email or SMS. In a few minutes, they can book their next appointment.
- Vaccine Cloud will connect a candidate to a personalized scheduling process with a link, which will ensure access to the system in a fair manner.
- Upon clicking the link, the webpage will indicate where and when appointments are available and hold their place in line until an appointment is booked. This will ease the appointment scheduling process and wait times in turn should decrease.
Salesforce Driving the Vaccine Rollout Efforts
Built to support the scale that governments, healthcare providers, and organizations need to deliver authorized vaccines effectively and efficiently to billions of people globally, vaccine Cloud. CDR Health teamed with Salesforce Consulting partner Coastal Cloud to vaccinate more than one million Floridians.
“Our comprehensive vaccination solution, built on the Salesforce platform in partnership with Coastal Cloud, has enabled us to achieve more than 50,000 vaccinations per day,” said Tina Vidal-Duart, CEO of CDR Health. “Our mobile app has been used by over 2 million Floridians to register and schedule testing and vaccination appointments, and Salesforce’s new product enhancements will help facilitate an even more streamlined patient experience as we help vaccinate as many residents as possible before the summer.”
Vaccine Cloud is part of Salesforce’s COVID-19 response technology solutions, which include management of stock, appointment scheduling, outcome monitoring, public health outreach campaigns, notifications and more with a single implementation. Organizations can design, integrate, and manage vaccine programs end-to-end, all on one trusted, platform with built-in automation and omnichannel capabilities. Vaccine Cloud is also built consistent with Salesforce’s ethical and humane use and privacy principles to help ensure technology is applied equitably.